Access to and use of password protected and/or secure areas of the Platform and/or use of the Services are restricted to Customers with accounts only. You may not obtain or attempt to obtain unauthorized access to such parts of this Platform and/or Services, or to any other protected information, through any means not intentionally made available by us for your specific use.
1. Definitions & Interpretation
2. General use of Services and/or access of Platform
2.1 Guidelines to the use of Platform and/or Services: You agree to comply with any and all the guidelines, notices, operating rules and policies and instructions pertaining to the use of the Services and/or access to the Platform, as well as any amendments to the aforementioned, issued by us, from time to time. We reserve the right to revise these guidelines, notices, operating rules and policies and instructions at any time and you are deemed to be aware of and bound by any changes to the foregoing upon their publication on the Platform.
2.2 Restricted activities: You agree and undertake NOT to:
- (a) impersonate any person or entity or to falsely state or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with any person or entity;
- (b) use the Platform or Services for illegal purposes;
- (c) attempt to gain unauthorized access to or otherwise interfere or disrupt other computer systems or networks connected to the Platform or Services;
- (d) post, promote or transmit through the Platform or Services any Prohibited Materials;
- (e) interfere with another’s utilization and enjoyment of the Platform or Services;
- (f) use or upload, in any way, any software or material that contains, or which you have reason to suspect that contains, viruses, damaging components, malicious code or harmful components which may impair or corrupt the Platform’s data or damage or interfere with the operation of another Customer’s computer or mobile device or the Platform or Services; and
- (g) use the Platform or Services other than in conformance with the acceptable use policies of any connected computer networks, any applicable Internet standards and any other applicable laws.
2.3 Availability of Platform and Services: We may, from time to time and without giving any reason or prior notice, upgrade, modify, suspend or discontinue the provision of or remove, whether in whole or in part, the Platform or any Services and shall not be liable if any such upgrade, modification, suspension or removal prevents you from accessing the Platform or any part of the Services.
2.4 Right, but not obligation, to monitor content: We reserve the right, but shall not be obliged to:
- (a) monitor, screen or otherwise control any activity, content or material on the Platform and/or through the Services. We may in our sole and absolute discretion, investigate any violation of the terms and conditions contained herein and may take any action it deems appropriate;
- (b) prevent or restrict access of any Customer to the Platform and/or the Services;
- (c) report any activity it suspects to be in violation of any applicable law, statute or regulation to the appropriate authorities and to co-operate with such authorities; and/or
- (d) to request any information and data from you in connection with your use of the Services and/or access of the Platform at any time and to exercise our right under this paragraph if you refuse to divulge such information and/or data or if you provide or if we have reasonable grounds to suspect that you have provided inaccurate, misleading or fraudulent information and/or data.
2.6 Terms & Conditions of Sale: Purchases of any Product would be subject to the Terms & Conditions Of Sale.
3. Use of Services
3.2 Restrictions: Use of the Services is limited to authorized Customers that are of legal age and who have the legal capacity to enter into and form contracts under any applicable law. Customers who have breached or are in breach of the terms and conditions contained herein and Customers who have been permanently or temporarily suspended from use of any of the Services may not use the Services even if they satisfy the requirements of this Clause 3.2.
- (a) to access and/or use the Services only for lawful purposes and in a lawful manner at all times and further agree to conduct any activity relating to the Services in good faith; and
- (b) to ensure that any information or data you post or cause to appear on the Platform in connection with the Services is accurate and agree to take sole responsibility for such information and data.
3.4 Product description: While we endeavor to provide an accurate description of the Products, we do not warrant that such description is accurate, current or free from error.
3.5 Prices of Products: All Listing Prices are subject to taxes, unless otherwise stated. We reserve the right to amend the Listing Prices at any time without giving any reason or prior notice.
3.6 Third Party Vendors: You acknowledge that parties other than SCUBAIDO.com (i.e. Third Party-Vendors or Sellers) list and sell Products on the Platform. Whether a particular Product is listed for sale on the Platform by SCUBAIDO.com or a Third-Party Vendor may be stated on the webpage listing that Product. For the avoidance of doubt, each agreement entered into for the sale of a Third-Party Vendor’s Products to a Customer shall be an agreement entered into directly and only between the Third-Party Vendor and the Customer.
4. Customer with SCUBAIDO.com accounts
4.1 Username/Password: Certain Services that may be made available on the Platform may require creation of an account with us or for you to provide Personal Data. If you request to create an account with us, a Username and Password may either be: (i) determined and issued to you by us; or (ii) provided by you and accepted by us in our sole and absolute discretion in connection with the use of the Services and/or access to the relevant Platform. We may at any time in our sole and absolute discretion, request that you update your Personal Data or forthwith invalidate the Username and/or Password without giving any reason or prior notice and shall not be liable or responsible for any Losses suffered by or caused by you or arising out of or in connection with or by reason of such request or invalidation. You hereby agree to change your Password from time to time and to keep the Username and Password confidential and shall be responsible for the security of your account and liable for any disclosure or use (whether such use is authorized or not) of the Username and/or Password. You should notify us immediately if you have knowledge that or have reason for suspecting that the confidentiality of the Username and/or Password has been compromised or if there has been any unauthorized use of the Username and/or Password or if your Personal Data requires updating.
4.2 Purported use/access: You agree and acknowledge that any use of the Services and/or any access to the Platform and any information, data or communications referable to your Username and Password shall be deemed to be, as the case may be:
- (a) access to the relevant Platform and/or use of the Services by you; or
- (b) information, data or communications posted, transmitted and validly issued by you .You agree to be bound by any access of the Platform and/or use of any Services (whether such access or use are authorized by you or not) and you agree that we shall be entitled (but not obliged) to act upon, rely on or hold you solely responsible and liable in respect thereof as if the same were carried out or transmitted by you. You further agree and acknowledge that you shall be bound by and agree to fully indemnify us against any and all Losses attributable to any use of any Services and/or or access to the Platform referable to your Username and Password.
5.1 Ownership: The Intellectual Property in and to the Platform and the Materials are owned, licensed to or controlled by us, our licensors or our service providers. We reserve the right to enforce its Intellectual Property to the fullest extent of the law.
5.2 Restricted use: No part or parts of the Platform, or any Materials may be reproduced, reverse engineered, decompiled, disassembled, separated, altered, distributed, republished, displayed, broadcast, hyperlinked, mirrored, framed, transferred or transmitted in any manner or by any means or stored in an information retrieval system or installed on any servers, system or equipment without our prior written permission or that of the relevant copyright owners. Subject to Clause 5.3, permission will only be granted to you to download, print or use the Materials for personal and non-commercial uses, provided that you do not modify the Materials and that we or the relevant copyright owners retain all copyright and other proprietary notices contained in the Materials.
6. Our limitation of responsibility and liability
6.1 No representations or warranties: The Services, the Platform and the Materials are provided on an “as is” and “as available” basis. All data and/or information contained in the Platform, the Services or the Materials are provided for informational purposes only. No representations or warranties of any kind, implied, express or statutory, including the warranties of non-infringement of third party rights, title, merchant ability, satisfactory quality or fitness for a particular purpose, are given in conjunction with the Platform, the Services or the Materials. Without prejudice to the generality of the foregoing, we do not warrant:
- (a) the accuracy, timeliness, adequacy, commercial value or completeness of all data and/or information contained in the Platform, the Services or the Materials;
- (b) that the Platform, the Services or that any of the Materials will be provided uninterrupted, secure or free from errors or omissions, or that any identified defect will be corrected;
- (c) that the Platform, the Services or the Materials are free from any computer virus or other malicious, destructive or corrupting code, agent, program or macros; and
- (d) the security of any information transmitted by you or to you through the Platform or the Services, and you accept the risk that any information transmitted or received through the Services or the Platform may be accessed by unauthorized third parties and/or disclosed by us or our officers, employees or agents to third parties purporting to be you or purporting to act under your authority. Transmissions over the Internet and electronic mail may be subject to interruption, transmission blackout, delayed transmission due to internet traffic or incorrect data transmission due to the public nature of the Internet.
6.2 Exclusion of liability: SCUBAIDO.com Indemnitees shall not be liable to you for any Losses whatsoever or howsoever caused (regardless of the form of action) arising directly or indirectly in connection with:
- (a) any access, use and/or inability to use the Platform or the Services;
- (b) reliance on any data or information made available through the Platform and/or through the Services. You should not act on such data or information without first independently verifying its contents;
- (c) any system, server or connection failure, error, omission, interruption, delay in transmission, computer virus or other malicious, destructive or corrupting code, agent program or macros; and
- (d) any use of or access to any other website or web page linked to the Platform, even if we or our officers or agents or employees may have been advised of, or otherwise might have anticipated, the possibility of the same.
6.3 At your own risk: Any risk of misunderstanding, error, damage, expense or Losses resulting from the use of the Platform is entirely at your own risk and we shall not be liable therefore.
7. Hyperlinks and alerts
7.1 Hyperlinks: For your convenience, we may include hyperlinks to other websites or content on the Internet that are owned or operated by third parties. Such linked websites or content are not under our control and we are not liable for any errors, omissions, delays, defamation, libel, slander, falsehood, obscenity, pornography, profanity, inaccuracy or any other objectionable material contained in the contents, or the consequences of accessing, any linked website. Any hyperlinks to any other websites or content are not an endorsement or verification of such websites or content and you agree that your access to or use of such linked websites or content is entirely at your own risk.
7.2 Promotions: We may attach banners, java applets and/or such other materials to the Platform for the purposes of promoting our or our Third-Party Vendors’ products and/or services. For the avoidance of doubt, you shall not be entitled to receive any payment, fee and/or commission in respect of any such promotional materials.
8. Your submission and information
8.1 Submissions by you: You grant us a non-exclusive license to use the materials or information that you submit to the Platform and/or provide to us, including but not limited to, questions, reviews, comments, and suggestions (collectively, “Submissions”). When you post comments or reviews to the Platform, you also grant us the right to use the name that you submit or your Username in connection with such review, comment, or other content. You shall not use a false e-mail address, pretend to be someone other than yourself or otherwise mislead us or third parties as to the origin of any Submissions. We may, but shall not be obligated to, publish, remove or edit your Submissions.
8.2 Consent to receive e-mails: You give your full, free, and unequivocal consent and authority to the collection, processing and use by us of any information provided by you (including Personal Data) for the purposes of sending informational and promotional e-mails and any and all communications, notices, updates and other information to you,. Your agreement to the provisions of this Clause 8.2 shall constitute your consent for the purpose of the provisions of any spam control laws (whether in Philippines or elsewhere). You may subsequently opt out of receiving promotional e-mails by clicking on the appropriate hyperlink in any promotional e-mail.
8.3 SCUBAIDO.com may, from time to time, be required by government agencies to disclose certain information in connection with any audit or investigation. You understand that we are not required to contest any demand made by an (government) authority for such information.
10.1 Notices from us: All notices or other communications given to you if:
- (a) communicated through any print or electronic media as we may select will be deemed to be notified to you on the date of publication or broadcast; or
- (b) sent by post or left at your last known address will be deemed to be received by you on the day following such posting or on the day when it was so left.
10.2 Notices from you: You may only give notice to us in writing sent to our designated address or e-mail address, and we shall be deemed to have received such notice only upon receipt. While we endeavor to respond promptly to notices from you, we cannot guarantee that we will always respond with consistent speed.
10.3 Other modes: Notwithstanding Clauses 10.1 and 10.2, we may from time to time designate other acceptable modes of giving notices (including but not limited to e-mail or other forms of electronic communication) and the time or event by which such notice shall be deemed given.
11. Liability Release and Assumption of Risk
Dive The World can not be held liable for and will not be responsible for personal injuries, property damage, or wrongful death that may occur during activities, as a result of the inherent risks associated with scuba diving or as a result of acts or omissions of other third parties.
Diving requires a certification from a recognised dive agency such as PADI, SSI, SDITDI, NAUI, etc. It is your responsibility that you are suitably qualified, and provide proof of such qualification upon request, to participate in any scuba activities prior to you taking part. Such activities include all activities other than PADI Open Water Diver or Scuba Diver courses, or Discover Scuba Diving activities that allow participants to take part without a license.
12. Changes to Your Booking
If you decide to change your booking after you have made your reservation we will do what we reasonably can to accommodate you but it may not always be possible. You should notify us as soon as possible of any changes as the sooner you do this the more likely it is that we can make the change. There will be an administration fee charged depending on the availability rate and any possible surcharge from resorts and diving instructor (in addition to any changes necessary to the price of your reservation) for any booking changes which require the issuance of a new Confirmation of Reservation Completed or invoice including, but not limited to, changes in dates, room type and diving programme.
13. Cancelling Your Booking
If you decide to cancel your reservation 60 days or more before your package commencement date then we will return your payment less the deposit and any bank charges incurred by us.
If you cancel your reservation any less than 60 days before your package commencement date then we retain the right to keep any payments in compensation for potential lost bookings.
Please inform us of any changes to your booking at the earliest opportunity.
14.Complaints and Disputes
We want you to have the scuba diving vacation you’ve been dreaming about. However, life doesn’t always work out like that. Although the contract for the product is between you and the operator, if you have any queries concerns or complaints, please follow these guidelines to help us to help you in any conflict resolution.
- 1. Act early
Make sure that you express any dissatisfaction at the soonest opportunity so any problem can be resolved sooner rather than later.
- 2. Inform the manager
Be sure to speak to your captain, trip leader or resort manager. Tell the captain exactly what your problem is, and how he can solve your problem. In most cases, boat captains are good diplomats capable of solving your problem to your satisfaction.
- 3.No joy? We can help
If your problem cannot be solved by the manager then we guarantee to represent and support you and to attempt to resolve any settlement to a conclusion to your satisfaction so…
- 4.Tell us as soon as possible
For us to represent you in any conflict resolution settlement then we must know about all the facts, events, conversations, agreements that are related to your complaint so…
- 5. Keep a record
If appropriate, do assist us to write down a factual record of what happened, when and with whom.
We’ll help you to make a formal complaint, which will need to be submitted in writing no later than 28 days after the end of your diving package.We will follow up and support you in your complaint to see that you are treated fairly by the operator and get adequate compensation from them for your troubles on case by case basis.
15.6 Injunctive relief: We may seek immediate injunctive relief if we make a good faith determination that a breach or non-performance is such that a temporary restraining order or other immediate injunctive relief is the only appropriate or adequate remedy.
15.8 Correction of errors: Any typographical, clerical or other error or omission in any acceptance, invoice or other document on our part shall be subject to correction without any liability on our part.
15.12 Binding and conclusive: You acknowledge and agree that any records (including records of any telephone conversations relating to the Services, if any) maintained by us or our service providers relating to or in connection with the Platform and Services shall be binding and conclusive on you for all purposes whatsoever and shall be conclusive evidence of any information and/or data transmitted between us and you. You hereby agree that all such records are admissible in evidence and that you shall not challenge or dispute the admissibility, reliability, accuracy or the authenticity of such records merely on the basis that such records are in electronic form or are the output of a computer system, and you hereby waive any of your rights, if any, to so object.
15.13 Sub-contracting and delegation: We reserve the right to delegate or sub-contract the performance of any of our functions in connection with the Platform and/or Services and reserve the right to use any service providers, subcontractors and/or agents on such terms as we deem appropriate.
Definitions and Interpretation
- 1.1 “Customer” has the same meaning as in the Terms & Conditions of Sale.
- 1.2 “Intellectual Property” means all copyright, patents, utility innovations, trademarks and service marks, geographical indications, domain names, layout design rights, registered designs, design rights, database rights, trade or business names, rights protecting trade secrets and confidential information, rights protecting goodwill and reputation, and all other similar or corresponding proprietary rights and all applications for the same, whether presently existing or created in the future, anywhere in the world, whether registered or not, and all benefits, privileges, rights to sue, recover damages and obtain relief or other remedies for any past, current or future infringement, misappropriation or violation of any of the foregoing rights.
- 1.3 “SCUBAIDO.com Indemnitees” means SCUBAIDO.com and all of its respective officers, employees, directors, agents, contractors and assigns.
- 1.4 “SCUBAIDO.com”, “we”, “our” and “us” refer to SCUBAIDO.com E-Services Philippines, Inc., a company incorporated pursuant to the laws of Philippines under registration number CS201203115 and having its registered address at 23rd Floor, Net Park, 5th Avenue, Bonifacio Global City, Taguig City.
- 1.5 “Listing Price” means the price of Products listed for sale to Customers, as stated on the Platform.
- 1.6 “Losses” means all penalties, losses, settlement sums, costs (including legal fees and expenses on a solicitor-client basis), charges, expenses, actions, proceedings, claims, demands and other liabilities, whether foreseeable or not.
- 1.7 “Materials” means, collectively, all web pages on the Platform, including the information, images, links, sounds, graphics, video, software, applications and other materials displayed or made available on the Platform and the functionalities or services provided on the Platform.
- 1.8 “Order” means your order for Products sent through the Platform in accordance with the Terms & Conditions of Sale.
- 1.9 “Password” refers to the valid password that a Customer who has an account with SCUBAIDO.com may use in conjunction with the Username to access the relevant Platform and/or Services.
- 1.10 “Personal Data” means data, whether true or not, that can be used to identify, contact or locate you. Personal Data can include your name, e-mail address, billing address, shipping address, phone number and credit card information. “Personal Data” shall be deemed to include any data that you have provided to us when placing an Order, regardless of whether you have an account with us.
- 1.11 “Platform” means (a) both the web and mobile versions of the website operated and/or owned by SCUBAIDO.com which is presently located at the following URL: www.SCUBAIDO.com.com.ph; and (b) the mobile applications made available from time to time by SCUBAIDO.com, including the iOS and Android versions.
- 1.13 “Product” means a product (including any installment of the product or any parts thereof) available for sale to Customers on the Platform.
- 1.14 “Prohibited Material” means any information, graphics, photographs, data and/or any
- (a) contains any computer virus or other invasive or damaging code, program or macro;
- (b) infringes any third-party Intellectual Property or any other proprietary rights;
- (c) is defamatory, libelous or threatening;
- (d) is obscene, pornographic, indecent, counterfeited, fraudulent, stolen, harmful or otherwise illegal under the applicable law; and/or
- (e) is or may be construed as offensive and/or otherwise objectionable, in our sole opinion.
- 1.15 “Services” means services, information and functions made available by us at the Platform.
- 1.17 “Terms & Conditions of Sale” means the terms and conditions governing a Customer’s purchase of the Products and are set out here.
- 1.19 “Trademarks” means the trademarks, service marks, trade names and logos used and displayed on the Platform, including the SCUBAIDO.com trademark, which is property of SCUBAIDO.com GmbH & Co. KG.
- 1.20 “Username” refers to the unique login identification name or code which identifies a Customer who has an account with SCUBAIDO.com.
- 1.21 “Voucher” means a voucher for credit which may be used by a Customer, subject to other terms and conditions, towards the payment of purchases on the Platform.
- 1.22 “you” and “your” refer to the individuals over the age of 18 or otherwise under the supervision of a parent or legal guardian.